To POD or not to POD?
Perfect-bound or case-bound, black and white or colour printed books, produced quickly and to the highest quality.
True on-demand book printing is now available!
What is Print-on-demand?
Printing-on-demand (POD) using digital technology is a way of printing items for a fixed price per copy, regardless of the size of the order.
The unit price per each item printed is higher than with offset printing, but the average cost for very small runs is actually lower because of smaller set-up costs than you would pay for offset printing.
Print-on-demand normally refers to printing approx 1-25 copies.
What are the benefits of POD?
- Technical set-up is usually quicker than for offset printing
- Reduced inventory management - inventories of a book or print material do not need to be kept in stock, reducing storage, handling costs, and inventory accounting costs
- There is little or no waste from unsold products in the supply chain
- The ability to bring out-of-print lines back into production
These advantages reduce the risks associated with publishing books and prints and can lead to increased choice for consumers.
At Printondemand-worldwide we specialise in very short runs and one copy orders!
Find out more information:
- What is BookVault On-demand Book Printing?
- BookVault System Explained
- BookVault: Prices and Technical Information
- Ebooks: Overview
- Ebook Conversion
- Scanning Services
- Global Print Production
- Retail Print Fulfilment and Distribution