We're going green...and we don't mean the colour!
We believe that digital book printing is the future for environmentally conscious book manufacture. Digital book printing removes the need for lithographic plates and also reduces the use of chemicals and waste disposal. It can also reduce the number of unsold products in the supply chain, which reduces the amount of paper and energy used to fulfill the actual demand.
We will give you a brief look at some of our environmental certifications and initiatives; it is by no means all of what we do!
What we do:
- We only use FSC® and PEFC approved products in manufacture - this ensures no illegal logging during paper production before the paper even gets to us.
- We work from our BREEAM building - built to minimise everything from the carbon emissions and insulation to natural light and ventilation within the premises.
- We offer global print and distribution solutions - printing in market place naturally reduces the carbon footprint associated with global freight and shipping.
- We aim for shared deliveries wherever possible - reducing the environmental impact of our transport runs.
- We work toward reducing the energy we use - we have many initiatives in-house, meaning we only use the energy we need for a specific task.
- We recycle wherever possible- paper, plastic, printer cartridges, you name it, we try to re-use it!
- Our employees car share!
- We monitor and target our employees in reduction of waste during the manufacturing process.
- We offset our carbon emissions - we work in the local community tree planting.
- We work with environmental agencies and carbon reduction firms to constantly evaluate and implement new 'green' projects.
This is a brief summary of some of the steps we are taking in our wider aim of making Printondemand-worldwide carbon neutral.
For an in-depth breakdown of our policy and practices please see download our environmental policies brochure.
The Evolution of our Environmental Policies
The continual evaluation of our processes, working practices and environmental impact is essential for us.
If you have a suggestion for the environmental printing of your work, over and above what we currently do, or in any other avenue of our effort to 'go green', please do let us know.
While we're proud of our achievements, we understand that it is vital we do not rest on our laurels and instead we continue to strive for environmental excellence. This is not only for our position within the book printing marketplace, but also for the future of the planet.
Find out more information:
- Our environmental approach
- Our environmental policies
- Our awards and accreditations
- Our plant
- Latest news
- Latest employment opportunities