Our environmentally friendly premises
In January 2008 we moved into newly built BREEAM premises. In 2009, we expanded our premises from 14,000 to 20,000 square feet. Last year we grew again so in 2014 we have extended our print plant and office space to a whopping 26,000 square feet. As our business continues to grow it's even more important for us to work in efficient,environmentally conscious ways.
The Building Resources Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is the world's longest standing and most widely used environmental assesment method of buildings.
BREEAM sets the standard for best practice in sustainable building design, construction and operation and has become one of the most comprehensive and widely recognised measures of a building's environmental performance.
Our building was assessed on factors including:
- The ecological impact of the build
- The location of nearby transport links
- CO2 emissions
- Natural lighting availability
- Thermal comfort
- Natural ventilation
- Water usage
Taking the high road
By moving to our BREEAM manufacturing site, which is minutes from the A1 and centrally located near local transport hubs, we have improved our environmental position with regards to supplies and effective business travel.
The increased size of our facility has meant that we can now do a number of things to help us be more environmentally friendly.
How we use our site to be more environmentally friendly:
- We can store larger levels of stock, reducing the amount of paper deliveries received from one per day to three times per week
- We have purchased an additional laminating machine which allows us to save transportation miles by laminating in-house rather than outsourcing
- Our dispatch control system has been upgraded and means that we make the best use of dispatch transportation, including shared deliveries when possible
Find out more information:
- Our environmental approach
- Our environmental policies
- Our awards and accreditations
- Our plant
- Latest news
- Latest employment opportunities